Friday, December 17, 2010

December at the Mall.

December at the Mall

Since becoming a mom, I don't go to the mall as much as I used to. In fact, these days you'll usually only find me making a mad dash from my car ('lil man running behind me to keep up) to the Macy's Lancome counter, no ma'am--no time for dilly-dallying when you have a 4 yr. old boy with you...I tell the cosmetic counter lady exactly what I need, I then promptly pay (all the while yelping at my son to quit touching the expensive perfume bottles which he inevitably grabs for to smell) and then we race out before Little Man gets too stimulated by all the "stuff". If you were a Heroes fan, I liken this scene to Daphne and her lightening speed! Yes indeed...my trips to the mall are few and far between these days.

But in December...I like to make an exception. December at the Mall seems to put shoppers in a festive mood. Maybe it's the holiday decorations and jovial music playing that lifts the spirits. Or the brightly colored stores, Christmas trees galore and energy of the crowds which fuel the energy of the Christmas season. And with all of this I've come to realize...even if I do have to chase my small son around...it's still enjoyable to make a trip to the mall and savor some of its holiday ambiance during the month of December.

While at the North Park Mall in Dallas recently with my mom and son (the same mall where we had this picture taken) the three of us enjoyed the sights and sounds of this Christmas season while there.

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall
We enjoyed listening to a local high school choir performing Christmas songs.

December at the Mall
Little Man was enamored with the guitar player in the choir's band.

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall
Taking a break from all the walking (and running) for a brief moment.

December at the Mall
While at the Disney store in the Cars section...Little Man helped create a car with one of the workers at the design table.

December at the Mall
He loved it!
December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

December at the Mall
My mom trying her best to maintain a strong hold on our Little Man.

December at the Mall16
After his picture with Santa, he was burning up ..so he shed the Christmas sweater and enjoyed cooling off next to the water fountains at the mall.

December at the Mall

December at the Mall

If you are feeling a little "Scrooge-esque" this Christmas season...I would suggest you head to your local mall and plant yourself on a bench in the main corridor area---relax for a moment. Savor the energy of the crowds, listen to the festive holiday music playing in the background, take in all the beautiful window displays and watch the precious children have their pictures made with Santa Claus. I'm thinking you just might find yourself feeling a bit more festive for this holiday season after doing this exercise. I sure did.

Happy Holidays my friends...

XOXO...

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment