Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun with the Firemen.



"Little boys come in all shapes and sizes

Shy and adventurous, full of surprises

With misshapen halos and mischievous grins

Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.



They'll keep you so busy and yet all the while

Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.

And no greater treasure has brought home more joy

Than a curious, active and lovable boy!"



-Author Unknown





Firetrucks fascinate our Little Man. They always have. I first shared his fascination for them here. I think this is probably typical of most little boys.



He loves to closely examine his firetrucks....the large wheels, the bright lights and loud sirens.







Last week at his preschool, they studied Fire Safety and all the guidelines for what to do in the event of a fire. It was very evident to us that this is what he was studying... in the evenings, the only toys he wanted to play with were his firetrucks and firemen.



He enjoyed setting off the sirens on his trucks and yell out to me,



"Mommy! We have to get out! We have to get out! There is a fire!"




I had to just laugh, even though the sirens were wearing on my last nerve. ;-)



It is nice to know he was paying attention in his class. He loved having the Hubby and me sit on the couch in the den where he would proceed to give us a lesson on how we are to "stop, drop and roll" in the event we were to catch on fire.



And....as you can imagine, his demonstration is always guaranteed to be VERY DRAMATIC!! ;-)



















Little Man, myself and my mom {who by the way is flying in today to make the 10 hour drive with us--so very sweet of her} are hitting the road today to head to our hometown. It is where the Hubby and I grew up and we haven't been back to visit since, hum...my goodness, I think it was in February.



The hubby won't be able to join us there until next week...but I know he is looking forward to doing some fishing with his Dad while he is there. Little Man always loves getting to drive his grandpa's big backhoe tractor and then getting to hit golf balls and ride the golf cart with his other grandpa. Me...I just enjoy nestling in at my parent's house and relaxing. I am still working on an aphgan project that I started CENTURIES ago, so I'll be taking that with me to work on. ;-)



But mostly....we are looking forward to spending quality time with our family and dear friends. I am especially looking forward to seeing all the beautiful fall leaves in East Texas. They have such beautiful Autumns there. I'm REALLY hoping we'll have cool weather while we are there. We rarely get that here in South Texas...especially in the fall.



And, well...Little Man is so looking forward to going to this event.



I think it will be a special time for all three of us!



I'll try to do some posts "here and there" while I'm at "home", but I can't guarantee it...



I may find it too difficult to pull away from all the corn dogs and funnel cakes on the town square at the Yamboree!!





XOXO...



Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign