9.26.2010

Big Day for Little Man

2010-09-26 Noah's 1st church talk

Today Little Man gave his first talk at church. It was during Primary.

He was asked to speak on Obedience and his love for the Savior. He truly loves Jesus Christ. Every time he sees a picture of Jesus, he shouts out, "Jesus!" and has the biggest grin on his face. This always melts my heart when he does this.

We began working on his talk this past week. He was super excited about it, but I think mostly because he was going to get to speak into a "microphone" in front of a crowd!! A dream for this natural entertainer of ours...

I must admit, the Hubby and I were super nervous about what he was going to do with the microphone. As our family and friends know...he was liable to get up there and start rapping and asking everyone to wave their hands in the air!!! ;-)

But he didn't...he was as reverent and sweet as I had prayed and hoped for. And his tender , heartfelt testimony of the Savior was felt by all in the room.

Noah's 1st church talk 027

He began his talk with this scripture:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

Noah's 1st church talk 028

He then continued with this message:

"Your love and your willingness to obey the commandments are the only things you really can give.

Noah's 1st church talk 031

Everything else already belongs to the Lord.

Noah's 1st church talk 034

When you give your love and obedience to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ...


Noah's 1st church talk 037

You are filled with a spirit of Happiness...

Noah's 1st church talk 040

Joy...

Noah's 1st church talk 044

Peace...

Noah's 1st church talk 047

... and Love."

Noah's 1st church talk 048


What a special day for our Little Man.

And well, for the Hubby and me, too.

We are so very proud of our son and for the sincere and precious love he has for the Savior.


XOXO...

P.S. A very special thank you to our friend Angela for taking my camera and snapping these pics for me at the last minute.

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. That is a big moment for everyone! I'm sure he did wonderful. He sure did look handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. He looks like he did great. I remember when I had to give a talk once and couldn't do it because I was so shy.

    Just so you know, our blog accidentally got deleted. Our new one is dcmaggardfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, he is just precious. I know y'all must have been bursting with love for your little man!

    ReplyDelete