Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sailing into Pre-K 4!



Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 018

"While few human challenges are greater than that of being good parents, few opportunities offer greater potential for joy. Surely no more important work is to be done in this world than preparing our children to be God-fearing, happy, honorable, and productive. "

-James Faust

Monday was an exciting day for us
...Little Man started a PreK-4 program at a new school. It is a private school for Pre-K thru early middle school and highly esteemed in this area. We have had him at another preschool since last January, but have felt for some time that it is lacking in its early childhood academic program, so it was time for a change. We are having to pay more for the tuition expenses {GULP!!}, but we both feel it is worth it. And thus, I am reminded of this quote:

"To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children. As a consequence of this sacrifice, conscientious parents develop a nobility of character and learn to put into practice the selfless truths taught by the Savior Himself."

-James Faust

My only concern for him is that he has a late summer birthday, this weekend in fact, so he is by far the youngest one in his class. I am so worried that he may get overwhelmed by this and get discouraged. I pray that won't happen though and that he will have a wonderful experience. I can tell based on the past 2 days when I pick him up, he is completely pooped and looks worn out. He is used to getting a 2 hour nap at his other school and here, they go until pick-up time at 2:30 with zero naptime...quite an adjustment for our little man. This is the hard part about being a parent...wanting so badly to make the right decision for your child and then after making the decision, worrying if it was the right one...ugh!!

It should be an interesting year...

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 003
Early Monday morning about to step out of the van...ready for his "new school".

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 005


Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 007
Daddy and son making their way to his new classroom.

I am walking behind trying to fight the huge lump in my throat and hold back the tears...I kept telling myself the entire walk from the car to his classroom "savor this moment...savor this moment...!" I watched him so very closely and tried my best to memorize every itsy, bitsy movement and expression of his on this day.

I'm sure all you mamas out there can empathize with me. Our babies just grow up too fast!

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 008

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 009
Meeting his new teacher for the first time.

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 013

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 014
No surprise that the first thing he noticed in his new classroom were the trucks and tractors.

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 017

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 016

Noah 1st day of 4K preschool-Aug. 2010 015
He didn't blink an eye when we left him on the first day...he was too engrossed with all the new transportation toys at the "classroom centers".

DSC00494
Little Man is the unhappy camper on the front row, (2nd from the Right).

The hubby and I cracked up when we saw this picture. His teacher emailed it to us this evening.

Like I said....looks like this is going to be an interesting year!

“Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house.”
- Barbara Bush (Washington Post, 2 June 1990, p. 2.)


XOXO...

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that lump is still there as I walked my 3rd grader into school. I'm so proud that the Lord chose you and Jody to be Noah's parents. I'm not sure there are two better parents than you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha...thank you, I feel super blessed to have my 2 guys in my life. I can't believe Logan is in 3rd grade...I hope he has a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete