Friday, July 30, 2010

Good thoughts, greater faith.

Mom and Dad- july visit 2010 090


I love the words in this Apache blessing.


"May the sun
bring you new energy by day...

May the moon
softly restore you by night...

May the rain
wash away your worries...

May the breeze
blow new strength into your being...

May you walk
gently through the world and know
its beauty all the days of your life."

Apache Blessing

I have been thinking a great deal this week about my life and that of my family's. Without going into detail, the hubby and I have had a series of events occur this week that have left our hearts very heavy and full. We have had many a restless night sleep this week. We have both been on our knees in prayer {more than usual}, asking for direction and guidance from the Lord. I have found great solace and direction by having my nose in my scriptures {more than usual} as I have studied and pondered questions and concerns out in my mind. By doing these things, I have felt a sense of direction and ease about some of the decisions we have been faced with. While I don't necessarily enjoy them, I am grateful for the "refiner's fire" moments in my life because they are reminders to me that anything can be accomplished when you turn to the Savior for help. When I trust Him more fully and have greater faith {even if it's just the size of a mustard seed!}--I am always left with a feeling of peace and quiet confidence as I try to work out the challenges and responsibilities of life.

I read the other day a quote that really struck me...

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

-Teihard de Chardin
(1881-1955)

How true this is...

Speaking of faith in the midst of adversity, check out this video.

{Reminder...don't forget to pause the music I have playing from my playlist in the sidebar of this blog before clicking "play" on the video.}



Now that is amazing faith...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!



3 comments:

  1. What a powerful video. Only the strength of Christ could lead someone through such a painful experience and come out on the other side with peace. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that blessing and a very cool piece of art to look at every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's comforting to have these type of videos that remind us of the goodness of a loving God. Thanks for posting, my spirits have been lifted.

    ReplyDelete