Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Road trip glimpses...some from the rearview mirror

Feb. 2010


With little advance notice or preparation, Noah and I took a road trip together without the hubby to see family in East Texas. I wanted to get in a few hugs and kisses with our new nephew, Marcus, in Dallas. It was a whirlwind trip to say the least...10 hours of driving to get there--with me and my darling son....whew!!! Let's just say I gobbled more than my fair share of peanut M&M's, twizzlers and TUMS on the drive in. We pulled into my parents driveway at 2:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, completely exhausted and a bit nauseous from eating candy and cola to stay awake! Despite the quick trip, we had a chance to spend time with Mom, Dad and my grandmother Nanny on Monday and then left Tuesday to go to Dallas to see baby Marcus. After seeing my new nephew and hanging out with my brothers and their families, the weather in Dallas had begun to get cold and icy, so we decided to hit the road early yesterday morning for home.

I had some quiet time on the road, while my little guy was taking naps, to enjoy the scenery and savor my home-sweet-home state of Texas. Driving from the Northern East portion of the state and down to the very Southern tip of Texas, you get to see all kinds of glimpses of this beautiful, spacious and history-rich state. What is so crazy about this state is how large it is....we drove all day yesterday, almost 11 hours, and never left the state. It's nuts how big the state of TEXAS is!! Just to give you an example, if I would have left from my parents, driving the same amount of time, and headed in the opposite direction, I could have driven to Destin, Florida--seriously all the way to Florida in the amount of time it took me to get to the tip of Texas!! During our drive yesterday, we drove through Dallas, Waco, Austin, San Antonio before finally reaching the Rio Grande Valley. Admittedly, the drive can be long and arduous at times...yet, I was thankful for this time on the road because it allowed me a chance to be reflective about all the reasons I love living in this great state.

What can I say....I am a proud Texan (or I guess I should say now that I live in South Texas, a Texican!)

I have more pics from my trip to post tomorrow, yet you will see below that little man and I got quite bored at times on the drive and to compensate, we had fun with the camera. We jammed out together to some old school rap, pop music from the 80's and 90's, a little bit of country and then one of my newest and favorite spiritual CDs "Nearer: A New Collection of Favorite Hymns". It was comical to catch some of our fun moments together on the drive...Noah was being quite the ham for his mommy. And yes, I realize these pictures will most definitely prevent me from being considered for "Mother of the Year" award, but oh-well...and for the record, driving down the road at high speeds while taking pictures of your 3 year old is not something I am in any way promoting here!!


Feb. 2010

Noah enjoyed Kiki's new blanket so much during our visit, she just decided to send it home with us. It's big, soft and a deep purple blanket...

Feb. 2010

A cute glimpse from my rear view mirror...

Feb. 2010

All our candy and other paraphernalia for the road trip...

Feb. 2010

Couldn't survive the 10 hour drive without me some soft drink/caffeine...


Feb. 2010

Cruise control set...

Feb. 2010

One of my favorite CDs....

Feb. 2010

Scary tired...

Feb. 2010

My new shades I bought for the trip...

Feb. 2010

Little man enjoying mommy acting silly...

Feb. 2010

Heading south to the Rio Grande Valley...

Feb. 2010



Feb. 2010



Feb. 2010

All smiles when some old school rap came on the radio...

Feb. 2010 road trip

1 comment:

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign