Friday, February 12, 2010

Meeting Baby Marcus

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 022


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 020


I
was so happy to finally meet my newest nephew, Marcus, during my trip to see my family this week. What a beautiful {handsome is more appropriate I guess...} baby he is. My brother Jeff and his wife, Jill, by all accounts seem to be adjusting gracefully into this crazy role we call parenthood. It is really neat to see my baby brother as a father. Gosh how time flies! It seems like just yesterday this same brother was sneaking in and joining me and my childhood friends for our slumber parties in my parent's den. We used to watch scary movies and he would snuggle next to the girls in his sleeping bag! He was so young and just so dang cute! I couldn't be happier for him and his new little family. I know he will be a wonderful Daddy to Marcus.

We decided since I was in town, to combine all the February and early March birthdays that we have in the Bishop Family...i.e. my Dad, Brian, Brent, Sheri and Jody. We usually try to get together every year to celebrate their birthdays in a combined celebration, but it seems like it gets more difficult each year to try and coordinate everyone's busy calendars and lives. This year, we hated that we had to celebrate them without my Dad or Jody there...but the timing seemed right to go forward with it since I was in town with Noah. Hence the pics of the very cute birthday cakes...a big thanks to Katherine, my sister-in-law, for getting the beautiful cakes!


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 007


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 011

I was a little nervous with my little guy holding his cousin...he LOVED getting to hug and kiss Marcus.

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 034

Happy Birthday Brian, Brent, Dad, Sheri and Jody!!!

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 035

Jeff and Jill taking in all the chaos that we brought to their home...

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 017

Brent and Beck lov'in on Marcus...Beck is going to have a new baby sister this June, so this is good practice for him.

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 055

Lola posing for her Aunt Gee Gee

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 039

The cousins had a blast hanging out together...

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 042


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 045

Mimi...I mean KiKi taking pics of all of us...

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 049

Brian and Brent opening their gifts from mom...she gave them both a new copy of Jesus the Christ that has just recently been released on scripture paper and leather bound.

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 057


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 059

Katherine spreading joy...

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 064


Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 061

Looks like Ava is up to no good here....

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 071

Uncle Brent interrupting our photo shoot with Jill's mother and all the cousins...

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 084

KiKi with all her grandbabies and Jill's mother...I think we wore her mom out with all the pictures that we take when we get together as a family.

Feb. 2010 Gilmer trip 087

We stayed at the Embassy Suites near the Galleria Mall in Dallas and Noah was enamored with the elevators and the...

Feb. 2010

SWANS!! They are full-time residents at the hotel and just after I snapped this photo, they bit Noah on the nose!! I told him to be careful but his curiosity got the best of him. Thankfully, he was okay...a little scared, but no blood or bruising.

Feb. 2010

Mom surprised me with my own copy of Jesus the Christ...



I'd have to say that one of the most special and memorable moments of my trip was when Mom presented me with this book and bore her testimony of how reading it in her early 20's changed her life. She said that it is what helped her gain a true and lasting testimony of Jesus Christ. I will forever remember her sharing her testimony of this experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment