Sunday, February 21, 2010

Many Birthday wishes to you...my brother.


"The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose."

~Garrison Keillor


"Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk."


~Susan Scarf Merrell


"I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends."

~James Boswell


Dear Brent Lee....

I couldn't agree more with the last quote above--being born to friends, as your sister I truly feel this way. How blessed I am to be able to say that I am best friends with all three of my brothers. You have been on my mind today and I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday on your special day!! I hope you never doubt how important you are to so many around you and there is no doubt that you deserve all the happiness you are enjoying now as a husband and father. I am truly honored to call you my brother and friend.


I hope you enjoy a trip down memory lane with the pics below as much as I did going through them!

Enjoy...




brent

You with one of Mimi's many "Sam" German Shepherds in Dallas...she always named each dog Sam!!??

brent, brian and casey

You, Brian and Casey at Uncle Bill's...

bishop boys

A typical day in the life of the Bishop Boys when they were young...Brian puts baby brother Jeff up to pushing Brent and then Jeff is running for his life to get away from you before you get up to tackle him...all while big brother Brian looks on laughing!

bishop bunch Easter at Mimi's
Easter memories at Mimi's and Pawpaw's in Dallas...looks like I was already sick sitting in the corner from eating too much candy...

brian and brent at mimi's

You and Brian playing in the water at Mimi's...


gee, brent and brian

Brian, me and Brent

jenn, brian and brent


grandkids with pawpaw

Grandkids with Pawpaw in Dallas...Easter 1983


brent and zeus

You and Zeus in 1998...your long-time companion...he was the cutest puppy!

gee, brent and brian- day of brian's mission call to London

The day Brian received his mission call to London, England...what an amazing day that was! And, yeah Brian...that tongue action was pretty gross!!?? What's up with that bro??

brent and brian- brothers

You and Brian goofing off for the camera in 1998...

brent, jeff and dad

Celebrating the February birthdays at one of my apartments...you were 24 and Dad was 53...Brian was still on his mission and Jeff had just returned from his mission in Pocatello, Idaho.

brent and randy joe

Sweet Randy Joe taking you down in the arm wrestling!

gee and brent- 2000

My sweet date to my 10 year high school reunion... you'll never truly know how much it meant to me for you to go with me to that event. :-)



Brent and Beck

You and little Beck...what a wonderful Daddy you are to that sweet boy!


Happy Birthday brother and much love to you on your special day,
Gee

2 comments:

  1. The innocent envy quote above could have come from my mouth. I wish I had brothers or sisters to share sweet memories with. I'm so thankful that I have know your family, for what seems like, my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are SO thankful to have YOU in our lives!!

    ReplyDelete