2.20.2010

Birthday wishes for my amazing dad.


What Makes a Dad


God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The
power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these
qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

~~Author Unknown.~~


Dearest Dad...my heart is so full today as I have thought about your special day and how blessed I am to have you as my father. There are not many men left on this earth like you. I am thankful for the endless love and care you have shown me throughout my life. You have left an indelible print on my heart with the love that you have shown me and your righteous example of a father, husband, grandfather, son, brother and patriarch.

May you have a blessed birthday and know that you are dearly loved by your daughter!

All my love,
gee


I took a trip down memory lane today by going through some of my old pictures. Unfortunately, so many are still boxed up from our move, but I was grinning from ear to ear as I looked at these ...


Wesley Bishop

My dad, the handsome hunk on the front row...jersey #52

mom and dad

Dad and his beautiful bride, my mom...what a beautiful love story they have made together over the years!

dad- 1980's

Taking care of business over the phone...probably one of his patients calling needing help.

dad and me

Oh my goodness...we'll never forget all those pageant days while I was in college...wow! now that's some scary, big pageant hair!

dad and me

At Miss Texas in 1992...

dad and me in New Orleans-1999

New Orleans, LA...1999~ enthralled in one of our very deep conversations about life, I'm sure..

dad and noah

Noah and Poppy getting to know each other over a warm bottle...

dad, mom and noah

KiKi and Poppy doing some sweet talking with Noah...

dad and jeff on the golf course

When my Dad isn't spending time with his family or at the dental office...he can usually be found at a golf course...

Dad and Noah

dad



That wonderful smile...priceless!

Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment