Monday, January 11, 2010

Last week in review...

Our days last week pretty much consisted of staying holed up in our new (older) home working on getting the new (older) house set up, i.e. hanging pictures, window treatments, unpacking boxes, etc. Whew!! We are so happy to finally be settled in our new (older) home where we want to stay for a very, very, very long time. No more moving any time soon...please??!!!! And, well...I can't say enough how much we L-O-V-E our new (older) home!

Let's see...what else... I started yet another round of potty training with Noah last week. So, needless to say, we didn't leave the house much- other than to do some grocery shopping or a quick trip to Lowe's. He is doing a great job adjusting to wearing his "big boys" as we call his underwear. He has still had some accidents, but we are working hard to eliminate those and well, very hopeful the constant repetition of going to the potty every hour and continual reminders will help him learn to be more independent with it. He seems to be responding well to the incentive of getting to go to the candy jar and pick out a treat after he goes to the potty on his own.



On another note .. I have decided it is time to improve my cooking skills (a New Year's resolution of mine)--(I love to bake cakes, cookies, etc. however, cooking has never been my strong suit-my husband can attest to this!!). Jody is an amazing cook, but it is something I have been wanting to improve upon for a while, and since I have the time these days, no better time than the present to get serious about trying new recipes and becoming more comfortable in the kitchen.

I bought the Pioneer Woman's cookbook last week and it has totally renewed my desire to cook again! Ree Drummond, a/k/a Pioneer Woman, absolutely R-O-C-K-S!! If you are in the need of new recipes, you should get her new cookbook or you can also check out the plethora of recipes she has on her website. This past weekend, I tried her twice baked potato and meatball recipes--yum, yum--they tasted so good and the hubby was impressed! Yippeee.....







In the midst of all my efforts in the kitchen, just about the time I was knee deep in raw meat and deep frying meatballs, I kept hearing this loud grunting from the other side of the bar and when I walked around, this is what I found...

Little man had dumped half of my flour onto the floor and was spreading it as far and wide as he could...ugh!!!!


Voila! Some of the tastiest meatballs I have ever had...the hubby said they were the BEST he had ever tasted....SCORE!!



Daddy and son working on some chocolate chip cookies after our dinner together. I just love snapping pics of them together... be still my heart!!




Little guy trying to sneak into the candy jar for some treats! Busted....





Someone really loved the cookies....

Family time in the kitchen...good times indeed! This night together as a family in the kitchen was a reminder of why home cooked meals together in the comfort of our home are so important. We laughed together and enjoyed talking over a warm meal...something we will be doing more often in 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment