1.15.2010

Decorating Idea I Really Dig...


I have this barren wall in my new (older) home that I need to decorate. And, well... I have been lusting over these wall art pieces over at Ballard Designs all week, but I don't want to fork out the cash for them....way too expensive in my opinion.




Today, I saw this great cost saving idea at Southern Living's website...

Do It Yourself Art...

I soooo dig this idea!!




"Wanting to give the wall across from the bed some pizazz, Anne Turner came up with a great idea: Instead of buying art, make some! She found a roll of floral-patterned wallpaper, cut it into pieces, and put them in ready-made frames. “Covering the whole wall with this print would have been way too much both visually and cost wise,“ she explains. “But hung in pieces in a geometric arrangement above the settee, it’s just the right amount.”

Southern Living- Guest Room Redo


Yippee....I now have some inspiration for that barren wall...

I just need to find the perfect wallpaper that has the pizazz I'm looking for!


1 comment:

  1. This will be a fantastic project--and I've no doubt you'll do it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete