Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Rejuvenated.

This weekend my family and I joined with so many other Latter-Day Saints around the world to watch General Conference. For those of you who are wondering what this is...it is a 2 day event that happens twice a year (in October and April) where we have the chance to be taught by leaders of our church about gospel principles and other topics that are affecting us in our day. We also get to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (who are simply amazing!). In essence, general conference is rejuvenating for the soul!

I always look forward to general conference weekends, not only for the opportunity to be taught by our leaders, but also for the wonderful family time we experience as we watch conference together in the comfort of our own home. Yesterday- prior to conference beginning, I spent the morning in the kitchen cooking and baking so we would have some warm meals to enjoy while listening to the talks and music. We ate Tator Tot Casserole and then for dessert, Chocolate Chip cheesecake (Jaime's amazing recipe). My hubby had never eaten this dessert and he just LOVED it. So much though that he asked I not make it more than twice a year (at each conference basically) for the sake of our waistlines!!

Now back to general conference reflections....I would have to say my absolute favorite talk this weekend was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's (see Part I here and Part 2 here of his talk). I agree with c.jane ...it was "a rousing testimony of the Book of Mormon" -- so much, that in my humble opinion, it left no room for doubt regarding the truthfulness of this sacred book.

How thankful I am for Elder Holland's testimony and for the boldness and spirit filled manner in which he shared it today. It was truly awesome! It has not only motivated me to read the Book of Mormon again in its entirety, but to strive to be more bold in sharing my testimony of its divinity.

I know the Book of Mormon is true- I know it with all my heart. Each time I open it to read from and study, a sense of calm and peace soothes my soul. It not only serves as a companion to the Holy Bible, but also teaches us how to draw closer to the Savior and how to overcome weaknesses and shortcomings in this life through Christ's teachings. What a blessing this book is to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign