Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Patch



















I woke up this morning and decided that today was a perfect day to take little man to the Pumpkin Patch at St. Mark's Methodist Church in McAllen. It turned out to be quite an eventful experience for our little guy. He became extremely excited when we pulled into the driveway and he saw all the bright orange pumpkins and scarecrows. I knew immediately that this was going to be fun! And, well, thankfully the weather was good (in the low 80's) so we didn't completely burn up.

What utter joy he seemed to have in exploring all the many shapes, sizes and colors of the pumpkins. And he was especially enamored with those pumpkins that had bumps (wart-like almost) all over them...however, he was too afraid to actually touch those.

In the midst of trying to capture as many action shots as I could with the camera (while my little guy was darting with lightening speed from one pumpkin to the other), I had to finally remind myself to just step back, put the camera down and not worry so much about trying to catch every stink'in "Kodak" moment. Instead, I made a conscious effort to just take a breath....sit down .... relax and watch the pure joy that was emanating from my little guy as he immersed himself in the pumpkin patch. His laughter was contagious and I was quickly reminded of how precious this innocent time in his life is. I began to think how very grateful I am that I can be at home full-time with my little guy at this stage of his life. All too often, and I would be lying if I didn't admit this, I unfortunately take this for granted. Yet, it is in the sweet moments, like we had today, that make my job as a (as my husband so sweetly refers to) "Domestic Engineer" so very, very worth it. Yep....it may not be the most glamorous or financially rewarding job I could have, but hands down, it is the most fulfilling and joyous one I could ever ask for.

2 comments:

  1. what a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guy is DARLING!!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign