9.27.2009

Trusting in the Lord

I have a testimony (one that continues to be shaped and molded by my own personal trials and those of my friends and family) that we are allowed to experience certain trials while in this life so we will draw closer to our Father in Heaven and our Savior. By doing so, we will be sustained through our despair. I have a testimony that our prayers are heard and answered, if we but only exercise hope and faith.

Whether our trials be the loss of a loved one, the loss of a job, infertility, a wayward child, financial burdens, illness, divorce, addiction or any other gamut of heartaches experienced---I am continually reminded that there is a master plan for each one of us and in the midst of our greatest trials, we must put our trust in the Lord- for He knows what is best for us. He will walk with us through our trials and provide us the peace, comfort and love we need to move forward and face them.

My heart and prayers go out today to Matt Camp's family- a dear childhood friend of mine (and my husband's) who lost his courageous battle with cancer this week at the age of 38. Matt was a true Christian in both word and deed. I am grateful to have known Matt and what a lasting impact he made on my life. May God bless his sweet wife, son and parents during this difficult time.


Matthew Carroll Camp
1971-2009

"What is this thing that men call death?
This quiet passing in the night?
‘Tis not the end but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light

O God, touch Thou my aching heart
And calm my troubled, haunting fears
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.

There is no death, but only change
With recompense for vict’ry won
The gift of Him who loved all men
The Son of God, the Holy One."

- President Gordon B. Hinckley


1 comment: