Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Adopt More...

As many of you know, my husband and I experienced the amazing blessing of adoption almost 3 years ago when our dear birth mother made the heartfelt decision to place Noah with us. Our lives forever changed on August 29, 2006 when he came into this world. We were fortunate enough to be in the delivery room to witness his birth. 48 hours later, we all walked out of the hospital together- said our tearful and very thankful good-byes to the birth mother (which btw, was one of the hardest things for me to do-- leave with Noah after witnessing her give birth to him--I had an overwhelming feeling of guilt, but she knew this and gave me the biggest hug ever and told me he was mine...) and thus our new life began together on that day.

(Jody, Noah and me at the hospital after the grueling 48 hour waiting period....)

9 months later we made it official on Noah's Adoption Day in a courtroom in our hometown in East Texas ...

(Adoption Day with the judge, my Aunt Karen who was also our attorney, Jody, me and Noah)

... and then 1 week later we had the opportunity to go to the Dallas LDS temple where we were sealed for time and eternity as a family.


I get so tearful thinking about these special moments!
There is no doubt that Heavenly Father had his hand in our lives during this process and continues to do so.. [I have to remind myself of this when I get frustrated with all the formalities and red-tape that are involved with adopting.] No matter what...it is all about timing and God's will for us. I learned through this experience that all does work out in the end- it just may take longer than we had hoped or come in a manner that we had not expected.

Now, I am super excited to share with my family and friends that our journey to adopt again has begun...we are awaiting the approval of our adoption home study with LDS Family Services and once complete, they can begin showing our profile to birth moms. So ready for more children and Noah is more than ready to have a brother or sister to play with!!

With this news, I was happy to come across the Adopt More website as I have been doing my adoption research and feel compelled to help support its mission. So much, that I purchased one of their Adopt More wristbands where proceeds go to help spread the word about Adoption. It is my hope that more people out there will consider adoption. There are too many sweet children in this world who need loving homes.


Adoption for us was a choice...not an alternative. My husband and I both knew that whether we ever conceived or not, adoption would be part of our life story and how thankful I am for my beautiful son and for his birth mother for giving us the opportunity to be a family in this life and the life to come. Adoption does bless so many lives...

9 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to all of us Jennifer! Noah is such a beautiful sweet boy and you are so fortunate. I am not sure if you knew that Wil was adopted and so he has a very special place in his heart for adoption and for his adoptive mother that took him in as his own. You are wonderful. Congratulations on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy- you are too kind. No, I did not know that about Wil- that is so special. I always enjoy talking to adults who were adopted and hearing their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you soon be blessed with another sweet little one who deserves such a wonderful home as yours! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennifer! I love all three of you....we've been friends "our whole lives" but our adoption stories have bound us together forever. I know the special love you have for Noah. I am so excited that another Mask will join your family....I love all three of you. Many prayers for the birthmother that the Lord has already chosen to bear YOUR child and many prayers for patience - it's hard, even when we know it's all in God's time. All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a smile on me face reading this..and then the goosebumps came when you mentioned adopting again. A very deserving baby will be very blessed soon! Good luck...hope the process flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this Jennifer. You and Jody are such special people that come from such loving families. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone...we are so blessed to have such loving and supportive friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adoption is my option. :-) Good luck to you both! Exciting!

    By the way, we got our first one on August 28, one day before you, plus a few years!

    ReplyDelete