Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Special day to celebrate Daddy...


On this special day, I must first thank my own Father. I am truly a blessed gal to have the loving, caring and righteous Father I have. I love you Dad so very much!! Happy Father's Day...

We had a great today celebrating Dad's day with my hubby. I could not have been blessed with a better husband and father to my son. He has such integrity and goodness in his heart--I have truly found my perfect partner, best friend and love of my life!

The hubby's request was that I not spend too much money this year on him since we are preparing for our move to Texas which will be costly no doubt ... so I had to try and be a little creative this year and make a gift for him from Noah and me in addition to his new shirt we bought him and some other little goodies included in his gift bag.



I found this cute frame at Wal-Mart for $10 bucks and took a greeting card and cut out the phrases I wanted to use in the frame. I taped the messages from the card on the mat and then I had Noah sign under the message on one side of the card- see below, to include. It turned out better than I thought it would and the hubby really loved it! He always loves homemade gifts so I thought this would be something meaningful he could hang in his office.



Noah helped me make this cake... I especially love the "blobs" of icing spread throughout...no Martha Stewart by any means, but it was made with a lot of love!!

The hubby's favorite dish...so Father's Day wouldn't be the same without it...see recipe below.



Chili Spaghetti Casserole

  • 8 ounces of uncooked spaghetti
  • 1 lb. of lean ground beef ( I opted for ground turkey for a healthier alternative)
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
  • 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 small can of green chiles
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot cooked in. (I add about a tablespoon of Olive oil at this point)

Meanwhile, place beef (or turkey meat) and onion in large skillet; season with salt and pepper. Brown meat until no longer pink, drain fat. Add meat to pasta. Stir in chili, tomatoes with juice, 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, green chiles, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir pasta until well coated with mixture.

Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


1 comment:

  1. that is so adorable, you did a great job! Noah did so good decorating the cake, job well done!

    ReplyDelete