Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!



On this special day, my dearest mother, I want to wish you a very special Happy Birthday and tell you how much I love and appreciate you-- not only as my mother, but my dear friend and confidante. Man, we have had so much fun together over the years and well, yeah, we've had a few rough patches like all mothers and daughters go through- but man, oh man- Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when he sent me to you. In my patriarchal blessing, I am reminded of where it states that "I have been greatly honored and blessed to have choice parents" and there is no doubt this is true. You have such a huge heart mom and have ALWAYS put your family first and for that I will be eternally grateful. What an example you are to your family.

It is amazing how when we become parents ourselves, how much more we appreciate our own parents. Such is the case with me. I do not know how you did it all those years ago having all four of us kiddos so close together in age. You were the ever patient, loving and fun mother every child dreams of. I always knew that my mother loved me more than anything and what peace and joy that brought to my life as a child and now as an adult. 'Cause, well you know, no matter how old you get how your mother loves you and sees you means the world to one's growth and development.

Mom, I have to say that I especially love to see you with your grandchildren these days. The hubby and I lovingly refer to you now as the "Toddler Whisperer"- you are amazing with the little ones!!! I know that you will continue to be a great blessing and true angel to Noah over the years. He loves his Ki-Ki so very much! Your laughter and spunky spirit is what we all love- you truly are our Sassy Kath!!


May you continue to blessed with much love and laughter over the years Mom. I love you so very much...Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Your mother is still as beautiful as she was 20 years ago..maybe even more so!

    ReplyDelete