4.07.2009

So Busted!!!

Uh-oh, I'm busted...quick, think of something good to tell mommy...

Look mommy! The tube exploded on me!!!

Hum...well, the look on mommy's face tells me she's not buying it...uh-oh cheerios, I'm in real trouble now. KiKi...come to my rescue???!!!!


Wow, a day in the life of raising a 2 year old boy!! Today has just been one of those days. I took the day off from work to stay home with Noah. He has pink eye (ugh!) and can't be at his pre-school until it clears up. So, I was taking a bath this morning and noticed that my son had become very quiet...too quiet and was nowhere in sight. I called for him a few times and he would just yell back to me, but not come to me. I knew something was up, so I grabbed a towel, dried off and ran into his room. No Noah to be found, so then I proceeded to walk into his closet and this is what I found....oh, man he was so busted!!! The look on his face says it all... at first I thought it was shaving cream but come to find out it was an entire tube of diaper creme that he had emptied. Ugh...what a mess, needless to say, diaper creme is very hard to get out of the carpet and equally as difficult to scrub off a child who has several layers of it spread over their face, hands and neck. Thankfully, I didn't find any in his mouth, but that isn't to say he didn't do a taste test at some point during his experimentation with Desitin Diaper creme. PRICELESS!!!

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! He was going to town with that stuff, I wasn't sure what it was, I was hoping for baby powder for your sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me, too... I can't get it out of my carpet. i've used two different carpet cleaners, but neither worked. if you have any suggestions on how to clean it, please let me know. mom told me to try peroxide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this site might help...
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4488491_remove-diaper-cream-from-carpet.html
    He went to town with the diaper cream! You can always tell when kids are doing something they shouldn't...they are very quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh!!! Desitin all over is a nightmare! We've had minor incidents over here, and usually it's just been persistence (scrubbing over and over and over--or washing clothes over and over and over!) that's cleaned most of it up, but I just found these two sites that seem to have some promising suggestions:
    http://cleaning.lifetips.com/tip/96539/cleaning-carpet/cleaning-carpet-tips/zinc-oxide-desitin-stain-removal-from-carpet.html

    http://www.mamasource.com/article/desitin-in-the-carpet

    I'd be interested to hear what you end up doing that works. Desitin (being made to lock moisture out) is a BEAST!!!!

    That being said, he looks pretty cute...in a "busted" sort of way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody told me about this yesterday but he didn't do it justice until I saw the pictures!!! LOL! That's great!!! Well, not for you, but for a good laugh it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! YOu guys have a blog! This will help to keep in touch when you guys are in TX...we are both excited about the possibility to go there!

    Little Noah is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for grabbing the camera, Jenn! Oh, we've had SO many crazy spills and stains. We never experienced this one though.

    ReplyDelete