Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jeff and Jill get hitched ...

My youngest brother Jeff, and his fiancee Jill ,were married last Saturday, April 25, 2009 in the Orlando, Florida LDS temple. This was my first time to see the Orlando temple and it is such a beautiful temple, both inside and out. I loved all the palm trees surrounding the temple grounds and the flowers were just stunning. It turned out to be a beautiful day for a wedding!

Dad, Mom, Jeff, me and Brent...

The happy couple...


We had a great time during Jeff and Jill's weekend of wedding events. I was especially grateful for the time I had to spend with my family. Noah was thrilled to see his grandparents, KiKi and Poppy as well as his Uncle Brent, Aunt Sheri and Beck. Friday night we ate at Outback Steakhouse and then headed back to the hotel to spend some quality time with Jeff before his wedding. Saturday's day of events began by heading to the temple at 11am to attend the wedding ceremony and then both Jill's family and ours had lunch at the Olive Garden following all the photos that were taken at the temple. Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel to take a quick nap before the reception that evening.









The evening reception was held at Jill's aunt and uncle's home just outside of Orlando. They have a stunning home and what a perfect setting it was for the reception. The evening was beautiful and we all enjoyed the great food, music, and dancing. The reception was capped off by Jeff and Jill saying their good-byes and leaving for their honeymoon...they are on a 7 day cruise this week. How fun!!!

Sunday, my family flew back to Texas while we spent our last day doing some last minute touristy attractions. In the end, we decided not to do the whole "Disneyworld" trek on this trip since Noah is too young to fully appreciate or enjoy it. And honestly, I didn't feel up to chasing a 2 year old all over the Disneyworld park!!!

Congratulations to Jeff and Jill...we are so very happy for you!!




4 comments:

  1. Jennifer....I love reading your blog. You and Jody have such a cute little family. I am glad that you are both so happy!!!
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of the temple! Looks like a great time, I really wish we could of gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so happy you could come! It made the day even more special. We can't wait to see you again :) We love y'all, Jill and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words, Gigi! The weddin (yes- I left off the "g" on purpose) looks gorgeous! Good to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete