Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Valentine Get-Away

So for Valentine's this year, we decided to do a little get-away to Roanoke, VA- a city about 45 minutes from where we live. With both of our busy work schedules and being the proud parents of a very active 2 year old boy, we rarely get any quality time to ourselves. We decided this year to indulge ourselves a bit for Valentines. This sweet couple we are friends with (they do not have children yet) kindly offered to stay at our our place and keep Noah while we got out of town for a night. We started the evening by heading to Abuelo's and completely stuffed ourselves on some great Mexican food. After our dinner, we bought tickets for the movie, TAKEN, but had some time to kill before the movie started, so we headed over to our hotel to get checked in.


We stayed at the Hyatt near the airport and fell in love with this hotel. It has a modern decor and our room was so cozy and comfortable...perfect for our Valentine get-away. I was excited to find, when we arrived in our room, Jody had a surprise waiting for me on the bed...

A new COACH purse...oh my heck!!! I was completely shocked!! I was not expecting this gift, in fact, we had promised each other that the "get-away" i.e. hotel, dinner, movie, etc. would be our gift to one another.

Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I have a fetish for purses (ever since I was a little girl), and I had wanted a new COACH purse for some time, yet felt guilty paying what I would have to pay for one!!



Oh my dear husband...you picked the perfect one for me....I LOVE IT!!!! After Jody peeled me away from my new purse, we drove over to the movie theater to see TAKEN. Boy, if you haven't seen this movie, you should. It is a thriller! We were on the edge of our seats the entire time. Afterwards, we headed to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream and then back to our hotel for some much needed rest and relaxation. The next day, we knocked around Roanoke and then headed home to see Noah. He was excited to see us and we were so happy to hear that he had a great time hanging out with Derick and Cheryl.

What a wonderful Valentine's Day. I am truly thankful for the love I have in my life...Jody Ray and my beautiful son, Noah.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics of you modeling your new purse, classic G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do model that purse nicely. I love it... And I'm glad you had a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign