2.15.2009

Happy 35th Birthday Brian-B!!!


I can't believe how old we are getting little brother. But, no complaints...life is grand and the great thing about it, we are getting more and more wiser with each year. I am so thankful on this special day to have you as my brother and dear friend. While I know I have to share you these days with the three special ladies you have in your life now, I no doubt have been truly blessed to have you as my little brother these past 35 years and oh what memories we have made over the years...

1. Carrot cake fight in the kitchen when I put claw marks down your face and your 2nd grade teacher thought you had been attacked by a cat!!...

2. Pushing me off the toolbox on granddad's truck at the old house and mom spanking you with a roll of wallpaper...

3. Sword fighting with baseball bats...unfortunately I had Dad's wooden bat and you had the toy plastic one when I pegged you in the head...OUCH!!!...

4.. Your near death choking episode on the plum seed while we were watching a Disney movie at the old house on Greenway...

5. Summers at the Gilmer Country Club swimming, playing golf and eating as much junk food as possible from the clubhouse on Dad's tab...

6. Early morning seminary naps in the car...I trained you well!!...

7. Other atrocious high school memories I don't like to think about...but you were there for me through it all...the good, the bad and the ugly!! My best friend and confidante...

8. Our near death car wreck on Ash Trail on our way to early morning seminary in the Big Red truck and the elusive deer sighting...NOT!!!

9. Our drive with mom to/fro the San Antonio pageant and our laughing till we cried over my answer to the judges about how many stars are on the Texas flag and if I could be any animal, what would it be??!!

10. All the apartments we shared during the college years...I especially love recounting the fire in the Denton apartment and you running back and forth to the kitchen and your room with little cups of water to try and douse the fire before I realized how serious it was...

11. The countless times you tried to cheer me up during some of my "Debbie Downer" moments...

12. The night before my wedding, your reminder in a notorious conversation with someone that the Dallas temple has a circular drive...ha..ha!!!...

13. Your never ending Christ-like example and unconditional love for me during a difficult, soul-searching phase of my life which ultimately led me back to my senses and a path of peace and happiness that can only come by living the gospel standards...what an "eternal" impact you had on my life during that time...

14. Too many memories little brother to write down in this blog entry, but I continue to cherish them each day...

I love you so much brother and hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet and we sure have had some fun times. I like the one when you and Jeff had the blowout and immediately after he sent you out he pointed to the door for me to leave as well. I showed up on your doorstep a couple minutes later (even though you then tried to make me sleep under the bridge). We always were a team. Thanks for all the nice things you said. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot about that one...that was hilarious! 'Ole Shongo cracked the whip on us that day.

    ReplyDelete