Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brent Lee....Happy 33rd!!!

(Brent and I, 2007)

February is a whirlwind of a month for the Bishop family with all the birthdays...

Today, February 21st, is a special day for my dear brother Brent. He turns 33 and I couldn't be prouder of you little brother. I am so grateful for all three of my brothers and more importantly, for the very different and special relationship I have with each of them.

Brent, I hope you know that you have always had a special place in my heart, I feel this is due most in part to the fact that we have been through some similar trials and as a result, we understand one another as brother and sister. It has been so wonderful to watch you grow into your new role this year as a father as you welcomed Beck Lee into your life. What a beautiful and sweet little boy you have. The love that you have for him is so evident when I see the two of you together and that warms my heart. I am so happy for you and Sheri...parenthood is the most wonderful thing to experience on this earth.


(Brent and Noah, 2007)

I also want you to know how much it has meant to me for you to welcome and love my son, Noah, as you have since he was born. You always seem to take the time, when the family gets together, to give Noah a little bit of extra special attention from his Uncle Brent. I know this means the world to him and me when you do this. No doubt, his love and admiration for you will only continue to grow over the years. Hopefully, someday, we will be living back in Texas so he can spend more time with you.

While everyone knows you are a strong, tough man...I am grateful for the gentler side of Brent that I have been fortunate enough to get to know over the years. The Brent who drops what he is doing in a heartbeat to help his family or a friend when they need him. The Brent who is one of the hardest working guys I know and when he tells you he is going to do something, he follows through. The Brent who will call his sister when she is having a rough day and cheer her up or just remind her that she is loved by her family and missed. The Brent who can make us all laugh when we need it. The Brent who will shoot straight with me when I need to hear it!!! The Brent who was so kind and went with me to my 10 year high school reunion so I wouldn't feel alone...

But more importantly, the Brent who loves and cherishes his family more than anything and realizes that they are his one true source of happiness.
(Brent, his wife Sheri and son Beck, 2008)

You have a huge, caring, loving heart brother and I hope you never take for granted the positive impact you have on those around you. I hope you will always know how thankful I am to have you as my brother. May God continue to bless you and watch over you ...have a wonderful birthday!! If I were there I would give you a great, big hug!!! Love ya...

1 comment:

  1. That was a super sweet, heartfelt post about your brother! He sounds like a wonderful person. What a great family picture of the three of them on the beach.

    ReplyDelete