Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blessings of Charity...

LDS author, Jason F. Wright, recently spoke to the students and faculty at Southern Virginia University, where Jody is Dean of Admissions. While I didn't get to hear his talk in person, Jody did and he came home just raving about Jason and the thoughts he had to share. My husband was visibly touched by what he had heard - so much in fact, he hasn't quit bugging me since then to listen to the audio recording of it. Well, today we finally found some time to sit down together and listen to Jason's talk...

I have attached a link below if you would like to hear it. The focus of his message to the faculty and student body has to do with charity and blessing the lives of others in small and simple ways. This message of charity is the basis of his New York Times bestseller book, Christmas Jars.

http://spice.svu.edu/Forum_9Jan2009JasonWright.mp3

After listening to the message myself, I can say that I now understand why Jody was so touched. It is too easy in life to become consumed with our own problems and forget that others around us are facing more difficult trials than we are and need our help. Jason's message has motivated me to seek out individuals in my life that I can serve. To ask Heavenly Father in my morning prayers to lead me to someone I can help each day. I hope whoever reads this blog entry will take the time to listen to Jason's message. Truly inspiring...

God Bless...

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll plan to listen to it. I'll take your challenge. How long is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is around 20-25 minutes, but well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete