12.07.2008

Our Christmas Home Tour Experience...


Several weeks ago, we were asked if we would be willing to have our home on the Christmas Parade of Homes. All the proceeds go to the local Angel tree, so it was a little difficult to turn down the request. Let's just say, I have been stressing about this day since that phone call. Thankfully, today was the day and it all turned out beautifully!! I am so grateful to my wonderful husband and all his love, support and help! I was just sure he was going to be "bah, humbug!" about this event, but surprisingly, he was quite the trooper. We were up until 2a.m. this morning doing some of the final touches but it was so worth it. I've included some photos for you to see with all the decorations. While I enjoyed this experience, I don't think I would do it again because it is a lot of work and can get expensive...thank goodness for Wal-Mart and the Dollar store!!!

All in all, we learned that we like getting all our Christmas decorations up sooner than later. We've decided to make it a new tradition of putting up the decorations over the Thanksgiving weekend, that way, we have the entire month of December to enjoy the Christmas decorations!!!

4 comments:

  1. how pretty, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cozy and Christmasy! You did great! I'm a big fan of getting the decorations done the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I didn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house was beautiful! I wish we could have seen it.

    ReplyDelete