Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My surgery on Friday

This past Friday, I had a diagnostic laboroscopy. I have been dreading this surgery for a few weeks now. I had the same procedure about ten (10) years ago and it was an awful experience. I have to say though that this time was not as rough. They were able to laser away what little endometriosis I had. But they did find that one of my tubes is completely blocked. They tried to open it by pushing dye through it, but it didn't work. They also found a small mass on one of my ovaries which they are going to biopsy to make sure it isn't anything serious. While the news wasn't exactly what I was hoping, at least we have some answers now as to why we have not been able to conceive. The doctor told Jody that we can still get pregnant with just one tube working properly, but it makes it more difficult. Apparently my cervix is really tight, so this could be affecting our chances to conceive as well.

I have to say that I feel a sense of peace about our situation and I know that if it is God's will ... I will get pregnant, but if not- it may be for my protection or allowing me to grow in areas where I need to. Jody and I have talked about this on many occassions, the fact that maybe we are not being allowed to conceive because Heavenly Father knows there are other babies out there who need a good home and He knows we are willing to adopt them (as many as we can!!).

Good news...we had our home visit last week with our adoption counselor from LDS Family Services. In about a month, we should be on the waiting list for a baby. We are so excited about this. We want Noah to have some brothers and sisters to play with and to grow up with.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the surgery wasn't as painful as the first, love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I feel your pain. Let me tell you. I had the same surgery and had a similar issue. The doc applied some pressure and the dye eventually went through. The hope of the possiblity to get pregnant sustained me for a long time, as I was in my adoption process. I finally have come to terms, now that I'm 45 years old, hello, that I'm not going to get pregnant. That longing never goes away though. I'm SO thankful that our Father in Heaven has been so good to send me two children through the miracle of birth, by another mother, and what joy that has brought me and my husband. I wish you well on your second adoption and am so excite for you and Jody! If you happen to get pregnant, you know I'll be thrilled too. But I'm so glad to see that you're getting the ball rolling on a sibling for Noah. Let me tell you now, mark my word, that little brother or sister, will idolize Noah, as that has been the case with Christopher and Lindsey. Hang in there! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. In the meantime, I wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you get to feeling better soon! We're here for you if you need anything else! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the surgery, Jennifer. I've not dealt with endometriosis, but I've had my share of fibroids and had a myomectomy about 10 years ago. Definitely painful; definitely not fun. I'm sorry about that for you, but I'm glad it went better than expected. I'll be praying that the biopsy proves to be nothing serious. I remember the anxiety I felt waiting the results of my own biopsy. Nail biting!

    Congrats on the adoption process! I'm so excited for you and Jody. Noah is a lucky little boy, as will be the next Mask baby! Good luck. I'll be thinking about you three.

    Amy Koyle (Warren)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign