7.20.2008

Girl's Camp Was a Success!



Girl's Camp went really well (aside from some bad weather here and there) and the girls enjoyed getting a few days to escape the world and hang out together. There were some wonderful workshops on how to draw closer to Christ as well as self-improvement topics. I was happy to get my little workshop on self-esteem over with and was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. The girls seemed receptive to what I had to share on the topic. It was funny though because about an hour before I was supposed to give my talk, a terrible storm came through the campsite and we lost all our electricity in each of the buildings where we were holding the workshops. I ended up having to give my presentation in a room with no electricity. Thankfully we had some daylight left and we were able to make it work with the light coming in through the windows of the building. What an awesome group of young ladies I am blessed to work with in my church calling. I learned so much about each of them while we were at camp. My favorite night was the testimony meeting. Most of our young women had the opportunity to share their testimonies about Christ and I saw such amazing strength in each one of them. I am so proud of all of them and feel blessed to get to hang out with them as their leader. Oh...and I forgot to share about the "mud bath" the girls gave me and the other leaders one of the nights after it had rained. They each got huge handfuls of mud and came running after us and covered myself and the other leaders in mud. It was pretty funny...I looked like a wet rat afterwards!! Noah had a blast hanging out with the girls on the day he was there. He enjoyed giving the girls lots of hugs and kisses!


1 comment:

  1. I want some pictures of the mud bath!

    ReplyDelete