Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Exciting News....

I have had a couple of people ask me why I have neglected my blog here lately, well I have been a little busy with interviewing for some jobs in my area. For quite some time, I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I should go back to work. It is such a struggle for a mom to be in- financially, it would benefit our family, but my number one priority is my beautiful son. I have worried what it would do to him if I went back to work. Furthermore, I cringe at the thought of leaving him with a babysitter all day.


About a month ago, I found out about an opening at the Woods Creek Montessori School in our neighboring city of Lexington for an Executive Director (basically their campus principal) and I became very interested in this potential position. Obviously, it is something I have been trained to do since I have a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and a principal certificate for K-12, however, I worried because I have not been formally trained in Montessori. But, I was even more interested in it because how awesome would that be if Noah could go to school there and he would be there with me all day. So after much thought and prayer, I applied for the position. About two weeks later, I received a phone call from a member of the school's search committee letting me know that they were impressed with my resume and wanted to interview me. I was excited to hear from them! My interview was last Friday and it went well. I was impressed with the members of the search committee (made up primarily of parents who have students currently enrolled as well as a past teacher and director of the school). I absolutely love the campus and the classrooms are peaceful and enjoyable for the children. The students range from infants to kindergarten students. After the interview on Friday, they contacted me to let me know they were unanimous in that they thought I would be a perfect fit for them as the Executive Director. I was overjoyed!! I was invited to come this week to meet the teachers and the office manager. It was great meeting each one of them and I was extremely impressed with their educational backgrounds and their love of children. After this event on Tuesday, I was told that the search committee would have to make a recommendation to the board.


Fast forward a few days, so I have been waiting on pins and needles to find out about this position and I received a phone call about 30 minutes ago from the President of the board informing me that the they had indeed approved the proposal and she wanted to make a "formal" offer to me for the Director's position!!! Even better, they have a slot in the toddler class for Noah reserved...yeah!!!!! I am so happy and feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity to work with such a dynamic set of teachers, students and parents. I am equally blessed to have the opportunity to work in a setting where my son will be. Noah will no doubt benefit and thrive in this educational environment and I am so thankful for that. My start date is Aug. 4th and then Noah will begin his first day of school at the end of the month. All I can say is what a blessing!!!!!! Life is good!!!


7 comments:

  1. That is great. I am glad to hear they have an opening for Noah. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news. And how great for Noah! He will love it. Trae keeps talking about going to school I need to get him in one when we move. Congrats I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wonderful news. They are so lucky to have you, I truly feel that kids benefit a great deal from a pre-school program. I'm sure you will be very happy with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!!! what a PERFECT opportunity for you! but hey - where was this during the good news minute? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm so proud for you. What a wonderful opportunity and perfect situation for Noah! Congrats, my friend. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving woman!

    Amy (Koyle)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering why you hadn't been blogging much! Congratulations on this big new job, Jennifer! You'll be well suited for it. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign