Monday, June 16, 2008

Today's Gem...

We've had a rough few days around our house lately...Noah has been battling a nasty fever and then we lost water at the house after a storm on Saturday...ugh!!!!! The pump is filled with air apparently and the city still has some work to do to fix the problem. It doesn't help that we live basically on a mountain, so it is difficult as it is for our city water to be pumped all the way up to our house. So, this put a little damper on our Father's Day festivities, but we made the best of it. I was hopeful when I awoke today and Jody left for work and told me we had water....yea!!!! But, when I went to bathe Noah, the water stopped running only after I was able to fill the tub to about 1/4 of the way full..I was a little depressed to say the least after this. Oh well, atleast he and Jody were able to take advantage of it. It was yet another sponge bath for mommy...but hey, I can look at the bright side...this experience is humbling me and preparing me for our stake girl's camp which is in a few weeks-- ha...ha...Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor!!! Also, to add to my stress, we leave for vacation in two days and I have a ton of laundry to get done before we leave town. This is going to be a little hard to accomplish without our water. Ugh.......

Well, so anyway...Noah and I ran to Wal-Mart today to get some items for our trip to Florida. On our way home, I looked back and saw that my dear son had found the Oreo cookies in the grocery bag and had opened them and was chowing down!!!! I couldn't get mad because I was laughing so hard. Thank goodness I had my camera. He was quite the ham once I pulled the cam
era out (as you can see by the pics), but I am so thankful for his sweet, cheery spirit...it was my special gem for today that I wanted to share. He most definitely lifted my spirits!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a bummer about the water situation. I hope you got all the laundry done. The Oreo kid pictures were cute...he looked like he was having a heyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, way too funny that he found his way into the oreos!! i love his face in the pictures!! can't wait for camp with you!!

    ReplyDelete